09 October 2006

So, tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of the start of my egg donating journey. I'd still do it again in a heartbeat- still trying to lose some more weight so I can. I'm down about 40lbs and have at least another 35lbs to go before they'll allow me to donate again.
I've had no major side effects from the egg donation, no problems- nothing. It's been status quo ever since. I'm certainly going to donate again, if I'm able (I'm close to 'aging out') not only for the feel good, warm fuzzies that someone who really wants one is going to, possibly, be able to have a child, but for the payday as well.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I have just decided to become an egg donor myself, haven't started the process yet, though, need to wait til next month for all the testing to begin. I was wondering though, is all the weight gain due to the egg donation/drugs? And assuming my first donation goes well, is there a certain amount of time you are required to wait before doing a second donation?

9:52 AM  
Blogger heather... said...

No, the weight gain was unrelated to the egg donation. They told me, after my first donation, if I wanted to donate again, I would have to lose some weight.

I would imagine there is, but I donated in 2005 and really don't remember.

Good Luck!

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Jenn said...

Thank you for keeping a detailed journal of your experience. I know the meds they had you on can affect everyone differently, but I'm considering registering as a donor in the fall, and it was great to be able to read about someone else's experience.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home