20 October 2005


In a bathroom stall...

Last night, I packed my Lupron, an alcohol wipe & syringe in my not-so-little black bag for my dose of meds this evening, because I knew there was no way I was going to make it home before 7 PM. So, my one choice was to "shoot up" in the handicapped stall of a Chinese restaurant restroom.
Lupron has been prescribed to me by one of the finest reproductive endocrinologist in (________), my home town & home to one of the top 10 hospitals in the country....But it was still 'covert'. I still felt a twinge of guilt and a wee bit dirty. I'm not sure if it was because I was in a less than sanitary public restroom. Granted, it wasn't "The dirtiest public toilet in Scotland" dirty, but of course it wasn't as clean as my restroom at home. Maybe it was just the fact that I was using a hypodermic syringe in a public place, which, I packed out. I was hesitant to leave it in a trash bin in a public restroom, just because. It's not like my name was one it, or anyone would have seen me leave it in the bin, but still, somewhere I was worried about the possibility of it coming back on me.

Other than the less than clean conditions, the injection was unremarkable. Actually, because I was trying to get in & get out quickly, I didn't even feel it & there was absolutely no pinch or itching, which has come back, although very mild, still irritating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home