13 October 2005



To Stand or Not To Stand...

Today was injection four of Lupron & the new question is...To stand or not to stand (while giving the injection)?

I'm leaning towards sitting....Both yesterday & today, I was a little pressed for time between 6:00 and 7:00, or at least I felt that way, so I probably wasn't working as slowing and methodically as I should have been. I didn't skip steps or skimp on the handwashing or anything like that, but I stood while I was giving myself the injection. Both yesteday and today the needle was more noticeable....It was just a little more pinch than a mosquito bite, but it was certainly more noticeable. Then again, I forgot to "pinch an inch" while I was taking the injection, that might have something to do with it. Tomorrow I will have to try it again sitting, but not pinching & Saturday, sitting & pinching.....God, this is almost as exciting as watching paint dry!

Although, the redness & itching today is considerably reduced, from 45 miutes to about 15, but I doubt that's got anything to do with the standing & more with acclimatization to the needles.

So far, the redness & itching at the site of injection have been the only "side effects" I've experienced. Considering Lupron offers up side effects like night sweats, mood swings, hot flashes & vaginal dryness,( just to name a few), I'll stick with what I've got.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home