11 October 2005

1 Down, 35 or so more to go...


My first dose of Lupron was last night about 18.10 GMT and it was uneventful. Hooray!

I decided that I would wait almost a full day to see if I felt any effects of the suppression of hormones. So far, so good-feeling fairly normal (for me anyway).

The initial injection was a piece of cake...The needles I'm using are absolutely tiny, 28 gauge. In comparison, the needles that the American Red Cross uses when you donate blood are 16 gauge. Honestly, I didn't even feel it until afterwards, and I think the only reason I felt it was because I was looking at it.

The only reaction I had was at the injection site (I used my stomach because it's just easier to navigate than the leg) ... some redness & itching for about 45 minutes afterwards. Considering some of the side effects that I will most probably experience over the course of the next month, I'll take the redness & itching.

I wasn't worried about the injection, if it would hurt or anything like that, I've got several tattoos & piercings, but I was concerned that I'd screw it up somehow. How exactly, I'm not sure. SO, apparently, I didn't screw it up.

It's early yet, anything thing can happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home